Also known as Green Tea extract, this ingredient is mainly used for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
What are the benefits of Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract on the skin?
- Health protectant that shields your DNA from skin cancer.
- Improves your skin texture and tone.
- Green tea contains polyphenols. This ingredient protects and restores the content of vitamin C, which is an important coenzyme in the production of collagen — an important protein responsible for the skin elasticity and strength, building up its structure along with elastin and keratin
- Great UV protector; green tea can reduce skin erythema (temporary redness of skin).
- Green tea based cosmetic formulations reduce increased sebum production, which is a main feature of an oily face
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help regulate acne breakouts and rosacea.
- Its antimicrobial properties are a great remedy for acne prone skin and aid in minimizing the formation of bacteria.