Beyond their distinct and sweet flavor, mangos can also be effective in soothing skin. Mango butter is a fat that originates from mango seeds, it is semi-solid and melts when it touches the skin. Like shea and cocoa butter, mango butter can nourish skin and hair and support overall skin health.
What are the benefits of Mango Seed Butter on the skin?
- Supports Collagen Production
- Mango butter contains high concentrations of Vitamin C, which research shows stimulates the production of collagen.
- Hydrates Skin
- When applied topically, mango butter can form a protective layer that help moisturize your skin
- Prevents Signs of Aging
- The abundance of Vitamin E and Vitamin C in mangos help protect your skin from environmental stressors like sunlight, pollution, and even blue light from screens. These stressors often lead to damage and premature aging.
- The high levels of Vitamin A in mangos also help reduce sun damage, a powerful catalyst to premature aging.